Social Networking Sites

I personally love social networking sites and I think they each have their own unique qualities to offer. I am actively on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. I mostly use these apps on my mobile phone since it is convenient. For Facebook, I usually use this platform for keeping connected with family and friends. I don't really post much on my page but I do scroll through my feed. One thing I dislike about Facebook are the "spam" ads. I'd constantly get ads on my feed that are fake quizzes and companies where the items are suspiciously cheap. I find that is is most popular among older family members. Twitter is one of my favorite social platforms because it is current. There is always something happening and the Twitter community is always the first to know. Twitter recently added their "Bookmark" feature which I like a lot. You can now save posts without having to like them to view later. Twitter also emphasizes activism. Today was #nationalwalkoutday and I was able to watch live-streams of what was happening around the country. Parkland youth activists were able to build a community of support through Twitter. Instagram is primarily for sharing photos. I feel like Instagram is more stylized is a sense being that people want to stick with a theme for their profiles. This is the more organized and deliberate out of all of the social networking sites. Snapchat is very personal and they recently updated their interface and had poor reception. It is really difficult to view your friend's "stories" now which was one of the main reasons people used Snapchat. They are trying to separate paid and promoted media from intertwining with your friend's content but I don't think it works effectively since it is confusing and my stories are getting a significantly less number of views.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Advice

Privacy